Place cards may seem like such a small element in the big picture of your wedding – but their importance is monumental. Place cards help to keep your reception organized and allow your guests to easily locate their assigned seat at their respective table. This is not to be confused with escort cards, which are used to direct guests to their assigned dining table. Not only are place cards extremely helpful, but they also add a key component into the design of your tablescape! Feel free to put some personality into your place cards and match them to your wedding theme. For some inspiration, we pulled together a handful of our favorite and most unexpected place cards for your wedding!
1. This sliced and gilded geode place card is so gorgeous!
Justin DeMutiis Photography
2. A magnifying glass place card will certainly surprise your guests!
Josh Elliot Photography
3. Incorporate your place card into the details of your napkin for one less item on your table setting!
Allison Kuhn Photography
4. This wood inspired place card complements the matching charger flawlessly.
Jen Rodriguez Photography
5. How chic is this contemporary place card?
Anna Tereshina Photography
6. Simplicity is everything in this minimalistic place card ideal for a rustic affair.
Amy Arrington Photography
7. Your place card should be able to blend in with your overall table décor.
Ben Q Photography
8. Talk about a color pop! We love this pomegranate place card idea!
Brittany Michelle Photography
9. Such a unique table setting! We love the placement of each individual place card.
Cara Robbins Studio
10. Attach your place card to a wedding favor as a sweet treat for your guests!
11. Calligraphy over a thin piece of bark creates a beautiful modern-rustic vibe.
12. How adorable is this butterfly place card idea? We love it!
13. Light pink place cards make for one pretty tabletop!
Jeremy Chou Photography
14. You can’t get more original than a painted artichoke to hold your guest’s places at the table!
L Hewitt Photography
15. This bowtie-folded napkin is the ideal place for a simple but elegant place card to be held.
Lara Hotz Photography
16. How cute is this bark place card for the outdoorsy couple?
17. Who wouldn't want an individual bottle of olive oil attached to their place card?!
Les Amis Photo
18. This bohemian themed wedding was complete with a pigmented blue watercolor place card and matching mini clothespin attached to an adorable succulent.
Lukas & Suzy Vandyke
19. Loving this orange ombré napkin with earthy stem and stone features.
Nessa K Photography
20. Complete your winter wedding with a small pinecone place card-holder and some earthy toned parchment paper.
21. Attach place cards to your guest’s wine glass with a mini clothespin for a unique approach to table-setting.
22. A single stem flower makes the perfect place card holder!
Sabine Scherer Photography
23. White on white is perfectly complemented by the dramatic yellows in this place card worth taking home.
Sarah Kate Photography
24. For a destination wedding, use inscribed luggage tags for place cards as a welcoming keepsake for each wedding guest!
25. A bundle of herbs dresses up even the most simple place card!
26. These gold-dipped feathers provide a fun feature in this elegantly folded napkin place card-holder.
Shelly Anderson Photography
27. This rustic wedding was complete with driftwood that was sanded into rounded place cards.
28. These rosy watercolor place cards were held in placed by a small tiger to complement the gilded theme.