Trends come and go but short dresses are forever. We’ve seen everything in the bridal world from Victorian style gowns to bohemian slip dresses, but recently more and more brides are opting to go short. Don’t be fooled, a short dress does not have to mean a casual affair. A shortened gown can be every bit as fabulous as the classic long hemmed dress we know and love. Here are the 12 short wedding dresses that will convince you that short is the new long.
1. This sweet and seemingly simple dress by Tony Ward takes advantage of multiple patterns and a frayed hem.
2. Ines Di Santo has successfully created the modern princess gown with a multi-layered, glimmering, high-low look.
3. We are madly in love with this high-low gown by Monique Lhuillier.
4. We love how relaxed this bridal look by Jenny Yoo is.
5. For the bride who’s unafraid to bear all, this deep plunged Inbal Dror dress has it all.
6. Christian Siriano’s “tied” off-the-shoulder look is too pretty for words.
7. This floral-embellished look by Eugenia is as sweet as it is gorgeous.
8. This shortened wedding dress by Temperley is anything but simple. We love the detail on the sheer sleeves.
9. Krikor Jabotian reminds us that high-low doesn’t necessarily mean floor-length!
10. Thanks to Mark Zunino, off-the-shoulder has never looked so glam. With a thinly banded multi-layered cape, this dress is runway approved.
11. This simple sheer and lacy strapless dress by Monique Lhuillier is too pretty. Reception dress anyone?
12. Dennis Basso shows us that you don’t have to have a Cinderella length dress to look like a princess.
13. BHLDN delivers a flawlessly flowy dress with the perfect amount of lace. What more can you ask for?
14. This deep plunge gown by Berta proves that sometimes less really is more.